Google+ Zhivana Designs: June Garden :skin>

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June Garden

Lately I've been busy gardening - one of my favorite hobbies! Last year we added new gardens to our property and enlarged existing ones, and we've been rewarded with some beautiful new blooms this year. There's still lots more work to be done - plants to be divided and moved around, bare spots to be filled, compost to be added. But it's coming along and it's one of the things that makes me happiest, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos here.

Nothing in my garden has gotten me more excited this year than the profusion of lupins - they're all over the place and doing beautifully!
I bought these poppies by mistake - I normally like to choose plants in pinks, purples and blues and thought I was getting pink ones - but what a happy mistake they were! They are spectacular!
I also managed to get some in pink  - these are so pretty and delicate-looking.
We had a lot of irises in our garden when we moved in 5 years ago, and last year we divided them and spread them out. They were one of the first plants to flower, right after the tulips, and they've been making our garden look beautiful for a few weeks now.
These are low-growing dianthus - they've been very prolific this year and have always been a favorite in any garden I've had!
We have an herb, fruit and vegetable garden and I love how the chives give us such lovely flowers to look at!


No comments:

Post a Comment